APTA is using the findings from its "The Economic Value of Physical Therapy in the United States" report to inform consumers, policymakers, payers, and employers about the significant role and economic value that physical therapy brings to patients and the health care system. Watch this short video to get an overview of the report development process. For questions, consult our FAQ.
We are leveraging the report and a nationwide campaign to:
- Raise consumer awareness about the economic value of choosing physical therapy.
- Empower consumers to choose physical therapy over alternatives.
- Inspire consumers to seek the care they deserve and live their best lives.
- Educate consumers about the ability to access physical therapist services directly without a physician's referral.
- Expand coverage and payment for physical therapist services.
- Reduce administrative burdens.
- Increase interdisciplinary collaboration and referrals.
Access APTA's Sept. 26 press release to the media and explore the expanded consumer messaging on APTA's ChoosePT website.
Join us in promoting the value of physical therapy to:
- Educate your patients and their families about the economic value of physical therapy for a variety of conditions.
- Advocate for coverage and payment for physical therapist services.
- Improve interdisciplinary collaboration to increase referrals.
Use APTA's Public Relations and Marketing Center to access campaign resources, including:
- Social media posts and graphics.
- Templates for local media outreach.
APTA will monitor the impact and outcomes of the report to determine whether to replicate the research in the future and analyze additional conditions. Please fill out the form below to let us know how you've used the report and supporting materials.